Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates.....

...you never know what you're gonna get.

Well, today a got a nice little box from Art Girona with an awesome historical miniature inside. I like a dramatic pose on a miniature, so I had to buy this when I came upon it incidentally. The quality of Art Girona's miniatures is close to flawless, the amount of details is reasonable (I don't find to much time for painting at the moment) and the mini's facial expressions are unique and have a high recall value.

Here is a picture of the box art, this is NOT my paintjob.

This is an English Dragoon from the English Civil War (1645) in 54mm. The cannonball is not included.

Here is a shot from the front:


..and from the back:


The quality of this sculpt is absolutely satisfying, there were some minor mold lines and the surface is a bit rough here and there, but thats nothing some thinned layers of miliput and sanding paper can't handle. I hope to find some time to paint this guy in near future. We will see.....


Chris

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen